Dr. Morreale Awarded Diplomate with American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
We are THRILLED to announce that Dr. Carmine Morreale has been granted the status of Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine.
Established in 2004, the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine (ABDSM) is an independent, nonprofit board of examiners that certifies dentists who treat snoring and obstructive sleep apnea with oral appliance therapy. Dr. Morreale has been recognized as a dentist duly licensed by law who has successfully completed the board-certification requirements established by the ABDSM.
The ABDSM helps set standards for the scope of dental sleep medicine, which includes oral appliances and upper airway surgery to treat sleep related breathing disorders such as snoring and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), and to assure professional dental and medical colleagues, patients, and the public of an acceptable level of education, training, and experience by those who become Diplomates of the ABDSM by examination.
Dr. Carmine Morreale has completed the following qualifications to achieve the status of Diplomate:
- Licensed dentist
- Completed at least 50 hours of continuing education in dental sleep medicine or sleep medicine
- Recommended by at least two board-certified sleep physicians
- Observed at least 10 hours of operations at a sleep center with sleep medicine medical staff
- Passed a rigorous written examination demonstrating competency in dental sleep medicine
- Demonstrated competency in all phases of oral appliance therapy by presenting actual patient cases to a board of dental sleep medicine peers
"To schedule a FREE consultation to participate in our sleep study, PLEASE CALL 617.536.4620 today and one of our sleep study team members will be happy to help you!"